Are you considering tattoo ideas as a memorial to a loved one who passed away? Tattoos can be a creative way to have a permanent memory of someone in your life who has died.
It is often said that tattoos are permanent and therefore it is so important to make smart informed decisions about when, where and how to go about getting one.
When it comes to getting a tattoo as a memorial there are many emotions involved in that decision.
It is all the more important to take the time and energy to choose your tattoo wisely.
Tattoos are permanent as your grandmother may have reminded you more than once. You can’t get a redo, or easily send it back for edits. Getting a tattoo is a great way to carry a reminder of your loved one with you forever. Picking the right words and the perfect design is an exercise in love for someone who isn’t with you anymore.
Seek high quality artists
As always, research a variety of artists and businesses who do tattoos. Check out other artwork they have completed. Read reviews and make sure that you are going to a person who is safe, clean and can do the level of quality your loved one deserves. Once you have done your due diligence in vetting the tattoo artists now you can settle in on the words of remembrance that mean the most to you.
Tattoo ideas as a memorial to a loved one
- Tu me manques’, In French, you don’t say “I miss you.” You say “tu me manques’ which means, “you are missing from me”. Having a tattoo in a different language is common, this one is lovely with French translation being even more meaningful.
- “Your wings were ready, but my heart was not”
- “I was his angel, now he is mine”
- “Always on my mind, forever in my heart”
- “Heaven has my heart”
- “Loved beyond words, missed beyond measure”
- “Gone fishing”
- This tattoo is a fun memory of someone who loved fishing. Add the date they left to the tattoo design.
- Simply having the name of your loved one in a beautiful font, or even in their own handwriting before they passed is a nice way to remember.
Getting tattoo ideas can be a fun and thoughtful way to remember someone special to you who died. The special reminder of your love for them will be with you wherever you go. There is no limit to the creativity you can use when creating a memorial tattoo.
These touching quotes are just a starting point to get you inspired. Add in elements of your loved one’s personality. A favorite flower or animal that meant something to them. Even a tiny footprint or fingerprint is like having a part of them with you always. Tattoos are one way to express your love and grief.