After the death of a loved one, there are so many emotions that a person can experience. Pain and grief from the thought of not having that person be around. Unresolved feelings about the last interaction you had with this loved one. Stress and anxiety about all the decisions that need to be made about the funeral service and everything else that was left undone. Here is where a funeral director can be a great help and ally for you.
Funeral Directors Are Here to Help
To begin with, Funeral Directors want to help people complete the relationship with the one who has died. Along with that, they desire to provide a climate that encourages each person to give and receive emotional support. There are a number of things that require attention immediately after a death. At Bakken Young, your funeral directors are able and ready to help with these needs, and will do so at any time of day or night. The funeral director’s main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Knowing exactly what you can rely on the funeral director for is very helpful. Below is a short list of the services funeral directors are able to provide:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Arranging the music you have selected
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging the burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
Utilize Our Grief Counselor
In addition to these services, Bakken Young has a special grief counselor on staff to help with the transition to life without your loved one after the funeral. Access our calendar of grief events here and see which ones appeal to you, or request a private appointment to discuss how Bakken Young’s grief program may serve you best.
Finally, if you have any questions about the funeral service, the grieving process or grief groups, your funeral director is your first line of defense. Ask them as many questions as you need to, knowing that they have your best at heart. Bakken Young’s funeral directors and staff are ready to assist you as you navigate the difficult time after a death. Contact us today to learn more about how we can serve you.